Friday, September 2, 2011

Brainstorm ideas for Opinion Editorial

So I'm supposed to brainstorm some ideas for my Opinion Editorial for class. I was thinking of doing something about the unpreparedness of BYU students for the zombie apocalypse just because it would be fun to write. However, it's not really very applicable to most people because it's not going to happen for a few years at least. ;)
Other ideas I had were things like making parking better on campus (but I don't really know a lot about that cuz I ride a motorcycle and there is usually motorcycle parking available). I could also write about how I wish BYU had a wider range of majors offered; or about how I don't like the UofU student I met the other day... But I don't really think thats grounds for an opinion editorial.
I could write about how I wish that BYU would hire magicians to entertain students during particularly boring classes like American Heritage and History 202; or about how I wish all the side walks were made of ice so I could ice skate to class. Actually that would be impractical... never mind.
Anyway, you may voice your thoughts about what I should write about if you so desire.
Farewell!

3 comments:

  1. Well this is pretty hilarious with all of your thoughts, I would be thoroughly enjoyed to read an article completely impractical, but hey that is just me. I especially liked the about the sidewalks made of ice. you can talk how the advantages could be how we could get to classes faster especially if you have a class on the opposite side of campus. you know just writing about this that might just be way too impractical... haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the idea about entertainment in the boring classes. The ice sidewalk idea is pretty good, too. We had a stretch of icy sidewalk in my mission that was about 3/4 mile long and it really cut down travel time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the zombie apocalypse idea. I mean, you never really know when some random virus will breakout and start turning the human population into a mindless cannibalistic species with an appetite for brains. For some reason these things are never planned for. I think it would be awesome to persuade people to have guns and a lots of ammo with there 72 hour kits and food storage. Also you would have to get people to train their families on how to use a gun and make sure they practice aiming for the head. Plus you would have to remind people to have machetes as back up and how to use and handle them as well.

    ReplyDelete